The Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a membership-based organization registered in Kenya with country offices in Uganda and Tanzania. Our members are key stakeholders and players in the grain value chain including cereal growers, millers and processors drawn from within and outside the East Africa States. Our core mandate is to develop and promote orderly structured marketing systems and provide market information for grains so as to reduce transaction costs and eliminated barriers’ to regional trade.
We seek to fill the above position of an Accounts and Administrative Officer in Uganda to support our team to help ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Uganda Office. You should be highly organized, have good analytical skills, enthusiastic and self motivated.
Reporting to the Uganda Country Program Manager, the main functions of your job will be to provide sound and effective financial management and administrative planning to the Council. Your role shall be pivotal in the coordination and implementation of policy procedures in the Country Office. Based in Kampala, your job profile will include the following among other things:
- Maintain existing financial systems including petty cash, expenses, mileage claims, income & expenditure records, process all payments and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide EAGC Regional Office with full monthly financial reports
- Prepare monthly payroll and ensure timely payment of statutory deductions
- Manage all administrative functions of the country office.
REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- A B.Com (Accounting) degree or equivalent from a recognized University
- Professional training such as CPA or ACCA. Additional training in Information Technology (IT) would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in finance work of a similar nature will be an advantage.
- Experience in donor funds/project accounting will be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to offer support and training.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity
- Capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
Your application should demonstrate how your experience matches our requirements. It should include an up-to –date CV, the names and addresses of three referees, current remuneration package, valid email address and daytime contact telephone number.
All applications to be sent to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.